For many young adolescents, babysitting is their first job, and we can help them become professional and confident. They learn valuable tips for managing their business, as well as:
- Important child care skills
- Safety tips for children of all ages
- How to cope with common problems, like tantrums and crying
- What to do if anything makes the babysitter uncomfortable
- Some great games and other ideas for having fun with the kids while babysitting
- How to make the children’s environment safe and enjoyable
- The rights and responsibilities of the babysitter and the family hiring them.
The Babysitting first aid course teaches youth how to handle emergencies with confidence by providing the basic first aid skills for such common problems as:
- Sprains and Strains
- Fire emergency
We run Red the Cross Babysitting program at our Coquitlam venue, conveniently located near the Coquitlam Centre Mall. We hold classes on Saturdays and also schedule classes to coincide with the Coquitlam school district (SD43) Pro-D days. This provides a fun, educational opportunity for children in the Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Anmore and Belcarra area while parents are at work. For adult babysitters we recommend taking either the Red Cross Emergency Child Care First Aid & CPR program or our Baby and Child CPR/Safety workshop.
You can host the Red Cross Babysitting program in the convenience of your own venue. This option is very popular with Girl Guides, church and home school groups as well as families.
Register for a course online or contact us to schedule your private course.
|Cost||$65.00 + tax|
|Duration||8 Hours (including breaks)|
|Materials provided||Red Cross Babysitting book, wallet certificate & mini first aid kit.|
|Recommended age||11 years to 15 years old|
Please review our cancellation policy.