Basic first aid and caregiving skills for youth 11–15 years old. Participants learn how to provide care to younger children in a variety of age groups, and how to prevent and respond to emergencies. Course also offers youth the training to promote themselves as a babysitter to prospective parents.
Babysitting Course Topics
- Basic skills to care for babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children
- How to care for himself/herself and siblings when home alone
- How to create a safe environment, and deal with phone calls and unexpected visitors
- How to react confidently in case of an emergency, such as choking, bleeding, poisoning, burns, fire
- How to cope with common problems, such as tantrums and crying
- Games and activities to keep kids of all ages entertained
- How to manage a babysitting business, including creating a resumé and a business card, and asking the right questions before accepting a babysitting job.
We run the Red Cross Babysitting first aid program at our venue near Coquitlam Centre Mall. We offer Saturday classes and also schedule Babysitting classes 0n the Coquitlam school district (SD43) Pro-D days. This provides a fun, educational opportunity for children in the Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Anmore and Belcarra area while parents are at work.
Upcoming Babysitting Course Dates:
Please register via links in the table below or call 604-945-7277 during office hours.
For adult babysitters we recommend taking either the Red Cross Emergency Child Care First Aid & CPR program or our Baby and Child CPR/Safety workshop.
You can host the Red Cross Babysitting program in the convenience of your own venue. This option is very popular with Girl Guides, church and home school groups as well as families.
Register for a Babysitting course online or contact us to schedule your private Babysitting course.
|Cost||$65.00 + tax|
|Duration||8 Hours (including breaks)|
|Materials provided||Red Cross Babysitting book, wallet certificate & mini first aid kit.|
|Recommended age||11 years to 15 years old|
Please review our cancellation policy.
Schedule and Registration
|Start Date||End Date||Venue||Start Time||End Time||Selection|
|October 23, 2015||October 23, 2015||Coquitlam||9:00 am||5:00 pm||Register|