Why register your child for a Babysitting course?
Are you worried when you leave your older child at home alone with their younger siblings? If you’d like your 11-15 year old to learn babysitting skills and how to be safer when home alone, register them on our Red Cross Babysitting class on April 26 2019 in Coquitlam. You can Register online or call 604-945-7277.
What will your child learn in a Babysitting class?
Your child will learn how to:
- Look after babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children.
- Care for himself/herself and siblings when home alone.
- Create a safe environment, and deal with phone calls and unexpected visitors.
- React confidently in case of an emergency, such as choking, bleeding, poisoning or burns.
- Cope with common problems, such as tantrums and crying.
- Play games and organize activities to keep kids of all ages entertained.
- Manage a babysitting business. This includes creating a resume and a business card and asking the right questions before accepting a babysitting job.The Canadian Red Cross Babysitting course now has a greater emphasis on First Aid skills. The course covers everything from managing difficult behaviours to essential content on leadership and professional conduct as a babysitter. Babysitting promises to deepen and enhance the responsibility that older youth feel when caring for younger children. This updated curriculum, complete with new science, also provides improved learning when it comes to giving the appropriate care in the event of an emergency.
First Aid Content includes:
- Check, Call, Care (includes phoning EMS/911)
- Glove removal
- Recovery position
- Conscious choking (adult/child/baby/alone)
- CPR (baby/child)
- Asthma (includes use of inhaler and spacer)
- Anaphylaxis (includes use of EpiPen)
- Insect stings
- Wound care (i.e. minor cuts and scrapes, splinters, nosebleeds, bumps and bruises
- Life-threatening bleeding, burns)
- Head, neck and back injuries
- Broken bones
Babysitting course details, Coquitlam
Registration: Register online or call 604-945-7277
Cost: $70.00+GST per person
Public Babysitting classes take place at Eagle Ridge Bible Fellowship, 1160 Lansdowne Drive, Coquitlam, BC, V3B 5V8
Private group Babysitting classes: Book a class for your group at our Coquitlam location or your venue in Metro Vancouver
Babysitting Course Instructor: Certified Red Cross Youth Leader
Prerequisites: Child must be 11-15 years old or have completed Grade 5
2019 Apr 26 Pro-D Day Babysitting course printable flyer
Register today and help your child build valuable skills for a lifetime.