Are you looking for a fun and educational activity for your 11-15 year old child on the April 17 2015 SD43 Pro-D Day? On our Red Cross Babysitting course, your child will learn how to be a great babysitter and how to be safer when home alone. Our Pro-D day courses fill up very fast. Please register early to make sure your child gets a spot. They may like to invite their friends to join them!
Why register your child for a Babysitting course?
For many young adolescents, babysitting is their first job, and we can help them become professional and confident. They learn valuable tips for managing their business, as well as:
- Important child care skills
- Safety tips for children of all ages
- How to cope with common problems, like tantrums and crying
- What to do if anything makes the babysitter uncomfortable
- Some great games and other ideas for having fun with the kids while babysitting
- How to make the children’s environment safe and enjoyable
- The rights and responsibilities of the babysitter and the family hiring them.
The Babysitting first aid course teaches youth how to handle emergencies with confidence by providing the basic first aid skills for such common problems as:
- Sprains and Strains
- Fire emergency
We run Babysitting courses at our Coquitlam venue, near Coquitlam Centre Mall and we schedule classes to coincide with the Coquitlam school district (SD43) Pro-D days. This provides a fun, educational opportunity for children in the Tri-Cities area while parents are at work. For adult babysitters we recommend taking the Red Cross Emergency Child Care First Aid & CPR program or our Baby and Child CPR/Safety workshop.
Can I book a private Babysitting class for a group of children?
You can host a Red Cross Babysitting course in the convenience of your own venue. This option is very popular with Girl Guides, church and home school groups and families.
Register for a course online or contact us to schedule your private course.