Basic first aid and caregiving skills for youth 11–15 years old. Participants learn how to provide care to younger children in a variety of age groups, and how to prevent and respond to emergencies. Course also offers youth the training to promote themselves as a babysitter to prospective parents.
Client Testimonial: “This was the best day of my life!”
“Hi Gill, This is a belated thank you to you and the course instructor for giving my daughter, Cassidy, the certificate in her babysitting course last month! When I picked her up from the course she said “This was the best day of my life!” and told me all the excellent information she received from the instructor and the thoughtful compliments she was given. She was thrilled and proud to receive the certificate, manual and safety kit which she carries in her backpack to school each day She is very excited to begin her babysitting career next year!
We will definitely recommend your course to all our friends.
Sincerely, Laura Brock”
Babysitting Course Topics
- Basic skills to care for babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children
- How to care for himself/herself and siblings when home alone
- How to create a safe environment, and deal with phone calls and unexpected visitors
- How to react confidently in case of an emergency, such as choking, bleeding, poisoning, burns, fire
- How to cope with common problems, such as tantrums and crying
- Games and activities to keep kids of all ages entertained
- How to manage a babysitting business, including creating a resume and a business card, and asking the right questions before accepting a babysitting job.
We run the Red Cross Babysitting program at our venue near Coquitlam Centre Mall and Skytrain. Classes are scheduled on Coquitlam School District (SD43) Pro-D days, providing a fun, educational opportunity for children in the Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Anmore and Belcarra area while parents are at work. Classes are also offered during Spring Break and summer vacation.
Private Group Training:
If you have a group of 11-15 year old children who would like to take this training, you can host a Red Cross Babysitting program in the convenience of your own venue. This option is very popular with Girl Guides, church and home school groups as well as families.
For adult babysitters we recommend taking either the Red Cross Emergency Child Care First Aid & CPR program or our Baby and Child CPR/Safety workshop.
Register for a Babysitting course online or contact us to schedule your private Babysitting course.
|Cost||$70.00 + tax|
|Duration||8 Hours (including breaks)|
|Materials provided||Red Cross Babysitting book, wallet certificate & mini first aid kit.|
|Recommended age||11 years to 15 years old|
Please review our cancellation policy.