COVID-19 Outline of Protocols
Updated: June 12, 2020
We will be adding to these protocols as we work through the guidelines from WorkSafeBC and the Canadian Red Cross. The information on this page will be updated as the situation evolves.
In-person classes resumed on June 12, 2020. We are following COVID-19 safety protocols including physical distancing in our classrooms.
Course participants will:
- receive health and safety information via email before the class.
- complete a health screening questionnaire before entering the classroom.
- be required to wash/sanitize their hands before, during and after class.
- be required to wear a mask before entering the classroom and throughout the class.
- be spaced at least 2 metres apart in the training room.
- have their own mannequin, equipment, and supplies. There will no physical contact with other students or the instructor.
- be given a disposable, one-way valve with filter to use with their CPR breathing mask.
All equipment will be sanitized following WorkSafeBC and Canadian Red Cross guidelines.
Click here to view our full COVID-10 Health and Safety Protocols.
All Red Cross first aid certifications (which would have expired March through June 30, 2020) will be considered valid 90-days beyond their expiry date.
If your certificate expires after June 30, 2020, you will need to register for a course to update your certification.
Canadian Red Cross announcement regarding certification expiry extensions.